Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Product Review: Planters Peanut Butter

Kraft First Taste is a wonderful program which gets its members new Kraft products free or very cheap for sampling.  This week they have a coupon for $2 off new Planters peanut butter.  We usually get Safeway's store brand for economy, but Walmart had the Planters at a good price: on Monday the 24 ounce jar was $3.88 a jar, but on Tuesday it was $4.18. (isn't that interesting?).  For comparison here are the prices for other 24oz jars in Safeway: Skippy SuperChunk $5.49; Adam's Natural $5.49; Safeway, $3.99.

What can you say about peanut butter?  It can be too dry, too oily, or have poor taste. There's certainly mediocre peanut butter. I'm a fan of Skippy SuperChunk, and the Safeway brand is fine.  I had high expectations of Planters because as we all know, Planters knows nuts.  I was not disappointed.

Naturally it comes in creamy or crunchy; it's no contest here, my whole family is nuts! The ingredients are straight-forward:  peanuts, sugar, oils, salt.  The crunchy is stuffed with nuts but still very spreadable, and is neither dry nor oily.  It has a wonderful roasted peanut taste that sent me back to the jar for a spoonful!  The kids loved it.  Hubby loved it on his pre-workout morning toast.  It's a hit in our house, and I already spent all the $2 off coupons I printed so we could stock up on it cheap!  While I expect the price point to eventually match other premium peanut butters, the introductory price is quite attractive.  I'm happy to recommend Planters Peanut Butter to peanut butter loving families!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails