Monday, April 18, 2011

Ridiculously Easy Peach Upside Down Cake

I've blogged peach upside down cake before. It's a lovely, easy desert that travels well and impresses served warm or cold.

Once again I found my pantry overflowing with canned peaches, and since we're dieting I wanted something simple, tasty, and easy to carry out of the house so I wouldn't eat it! I took the recipe I blogged back in 2009 and one I found on Cooks.com, and came up with this:

Ridiculously Easy Peach Upside Down Cake

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2 15 ounce cans of sliced peaches, drained
1 yellow cake mix
juice from the canned peaches
Oil and eggs for cake mix, per package instructions
1 tsp cinnamon

Melt butter and stir in brown sugar until it's all liquid. Pour the liquid sugar into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Arrange peach slices on the brown sugar in a single layer.

Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions but: substitute peach juice for water (add water to make the total required amount, if needed) and add cinnamon. Pour the cake batter carefully over the peaches and sugar. Bake according to the cake mix directions.

If you're serving it immediately, cool five minutes and turn upside down on a serving dish. This also travels well and can be served cold, turned out of the pan or not. Excellent with whipped cream.
This one I baked in a disposable pan (a very nice pan that I'm going to try to reuse).  Hubby took it to work and turned it out into the lid.  It's served cold, making the peaches and sugar more of an icing than a glaze.  Still yummy, and very very easy!  This makes a simple and delicious potluck or snacktime dish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I am eager to try this. It appears to be better (and easier) than another recipe I found.

Related Posts with Thumbnails