Saturday, July 13, 2013

Organization: The Bandage Collection

I've got boys. Boys, I have discovered, get boo-boos. Lots of them. Having used up all the little-bitty bandages on mosquito bites that got scratched open I bought a fresh box. I had a choice of like 52 bitty ones or a variety pack. Variety is good, right? So I went to put the new box away and found this:


Actually, they all fell out when I opened the cabinet.

Apparently I already had a variety. Let's see. There's the new box on top, the huge bandages for skinned knees, the box of fingertip and knuckle bandages (with no knuckles left) a box of large flexible cloth ones from when I broke my big toenail, the Nextcare bandage box I've been dumping other boxes into, and the Angry Birds Space bandages that Junior begged me for.

There has to be a better way to do this, I thought.  Here's what I came up with:


A plastic watertight 3 x 5 card file box.  Watertight because it's bound to end up in the sink some time.  This one came with index cards, which I actually used to organize the huge variety of bandages.   
 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails