Monday, February 13, 2012

Product Review: Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid

Seventh Generation, known for their natural household products, gave away some dish soap samples on their Facebook page not too long ago. While I like the idea of natural products, I often find them too expensive or not up to their non-natural equivalents, so I was curious to try it out. 

*Ahem* I have not been compensated for this review in any way.  I just got some free samples and decided to blog about them.

I received two varieties of Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid, "Free & Clear" and "Lavender Floral Mist."  The samples are 0.40 fl oz, and that seemed like more soap than I'm used to using in a sinkload of dishes (I'm a Palmolive Antibacterial fan).  "Free & Clear" was indeed free of any scent at all; the "Lavender Floral Mist" smelled nice but I'm not sure it resembled lavender.


Both varieties made nice suds, and cleaned well.  I don't quite know how to describe it, but the sudsy water felt different than Palmolive dish water.  More like plain water, I guess.  It got the dishes clean without any more work than I'm used to doing.  I never had a load of really greasy dishes because we just don't do greasy food any more, but I actually took my spray oil and sprayed a layer on top of the bubbles after I did dishes.  The bubbles did not melt away like I expected, which was nice.

Both varieties made nice suds and cleaned well.
The active ingredients, according to the sample packages, are four plant-based or -derived chemicals.  It does include a very small amount of synthetic preservatives: and they invite you to see their website for more details and they have published their MSDS Sheet.  The price point on this is about twice what I pay for my Palmolive, making it a little expensive for my budget, but if you're interested in natural products I think this is worth a try.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails