Thursday, October 22, 2009

Review Follow-Up: Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

Last week I blogged my trials and tribulations replacing my beloved Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. The device gave me fits, but I was beyond pleased with the level of customer service I received from SC Johnson.

It took six days for my replacement coupons to get here (rather than the 10 - 14 they said). The full-cost device coupon was for $17, which concerned me as I paid over $21 for mine, but they sent two free refill coupons when I was only promised one. I also received a coupon book for SC Johnson higher-end cleaning and fragrance products. I was able to get a new device at Walmart for less than the $17.

Opening the box, the first thing I notice is it's not the same as the one that was dead upon opening. The unit is subtly more streamlined, but what jumped out was that the hanger assembly was very different. This leads me to conclude that not only is our local Fred Meyer overcharging, but they have really old stock on their shelves. In my opinion Fred Meyer corporate has some issues that are problematic at the local level, but that's a blog for another day.

Out of the box, put in the batteries that were in the bottom of the box (despite the warnings that batteries were not included), push the button... "Beep, beep, beep." It lives!

So I have a nice new Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner, two bottles of cleaning fluid (one from the original dead box), two coupons for free refills, and a shower that no longer requires scrubbing despite two boys who could make a bathtub ring out of thin air.

Final Review: I don't have enough thumbs! The product works as well as its hype; if you can afford buying the refills regularly, get one! And I cannot say enough good things about SC Johnson's level of customer service. If you ever have a problem with any of their products, do not hesitate to contact them. They are very serious about making sure you are happy with them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails