Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks

What a great holiday weekend. Wednesday I was bemoaning my lack of a nice holiday table cloth and suddenly realized how petty that was given the abundant blessings we do have. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table in times when many families are losing even those basics. Sure, money's tight as ever but the kids are happy, healthy, and smart. Hubby's doing well in school trying to further himself and I still have a great part time job that lets me stay home and raise my own kids.

So, no recipes today. My only advice is: stop and take stock in what you do have, especially when you feel you're wanting for something.

Junior in the turkey hat he made at school

Major bed jumping!

All our Fairbanks family over before Thanksgiving dinner.

The feast!

A toast to family.

Mega train construction. The boys are getting really good at playing together.

1 comment:

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Your life style issues remind me so much of my youger days. Enjoy the hecktic days. They are such a blessing. When they end you'll miss them. I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails