Monday, November 13, 2006

Sorry!

Auntie dropped me an e-mail because she's having Blog withdrawals. I didn't realise how long it had been since I'd written anything. I want to say I've been really busy, but as I look back on the last couple of weeks, nothing earth-shattering has really eaten my time, just every day stuff.

In the news, Kiddo is 100% potty trained. He hasn't has as much as a night time accident in at least two weeks (long enough that we stopped keeping track!). This is great news, two kids in diapers was just too much - and too expensive. Of course, I have an unopened case of Pull-Ups that I can't take back to Sam's Club because I don't have the receipt anymore. But as hubby says, it's not like they have an expiration date. Many thanks to Nana for the potty-related videos. Bear in the Big Blue House and (of course) Elmo were the ones that seemed to really get through to him.

Baby cut his third tooth. This explains the extreme fussiness he had at night about three weeks ago. It was bad, about 3 or 4 am I'd have to wake hubby up because I could no longer stay awake to comfort baby. Of course, a week of sleepless nights is nothing compared to the colic Kiddo put us through.

The doctor thought Baby might have had milk allergies. Over the summer he had what looked very much like environmental/seasonal allergy symptoms, but the doctor says that at six months kids just don't have the immune system development for that kind of allergy. I was thinking it was just irritants (it's very dusty here), but just in case we've been using soy formula instead of milk formula in his cereal. Well, I got bold one day when hubby was home and decided to try some baby yogurt. No reaction. So it wasn't milk. Don't blame the doctor though, because milk allergies are one of the most common allergic reactions in babies.

What else is happening? Baby's on smushed table food now. Well, I run it through the food mill. I keep a couple of jars of baby dinners around for those nights when dinner's not appropriate for baby (like spicy stir fry), and I buy some baby food fruit for variety and regularity. He's doing really great with finger food, although an awful lot of it ends up on the splat mat! We're starting to have a Cheerio carpet again....

It's been cold outside, finally. -25 this morning. So we've been staying in instead of running to a store every couple of days just to get us out of the house. It's being a challenge to keep kiddo occupied (and it's only November!!). He's going to day care again, one day a week when she's got all the kids (it's an in-home daycare) just to just him some kid time and break up the monotony. I also got some arts and crafts supplies from a neat online shop called Discount School Supply, including plastic scissors that only cut paper (they won't even cut scotch tape). It's hard coming up with projects for a three year old sometimes, so I tend to build things with construction paper and let him "direct" the project. Today we made a mailbox and letters.

There, you're about caught up! I'll try to publish a little more frequently to avoid those scathing e-mails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou :) I love hearing of the exploits of Kiddo and Baby!

Auntie

Related Posts with Thumbnails